Ok, I thought that when Jacob was sleeping through the night by 3 months that we had it made. But now our little man has decided that he should wake up at 3-4 am and won't go back to sleep for 1-2 hours. We have tried giving him milk, water, and letting him cry (not so good at the last one after 20 min or so of him screaming). Nothing has worked. I think that part of it might be that he is getting 4-6 more teeth, but there is only so much Motrin he can have.
Here is his schedule
6:30-7:00 pm - in bed usually w/o a fight
12am-1am - wakes up and screams until someone comforts him
3am-4am - wakes up and won't go back to sleep
6:30am - grumpy and wants to sleep.
So, all of you experienced moms out there send me your suggestions. I don't mind waking up and helping him if he has serious needs (like when he puked all over in bed), but for Tony's sanity as well as mine this has to stop.
2 comments:
I wish I had some strong advice for you. We are struggling with Kenney going to bed at night so I can commiserate with you although I currently don't have to get up in the middle of the night. I hesitate to recommend "crying it out" to anyone but we did use it at one time. It's so hard to know if that little guy REALLY needs you or not. Good luck - and here's hoping he gets back to sleeping well soon!
I am so not an expert, but here are my ideas: maybe if he went to bed a little later- like 8:00pm? Or maybe earplugs for the letting him cry routine? Sorry I'm really no help at all! But I hope it gets better soon!
Post a Comment