Monday, February 9, 2009

Ashes

So Jacob learned to play "Ring around the Rosies"  at the babysitter's house.  Over the last few days he has been walking around the house saying "ashes".  The only problem is that "ashes" doesn't really sound like "ashes" and more like....well, you can figure out what it sounds like he is saying.  He also has a habit of saying something that sounds like "hole" immediately after "ashes".  I really don't know what he is trying to say, but every time he says it reminds me of that movie, 'Meet the Fockers', where the little boy picks up swear words and just keeps repeating it.  Now, this is not a phrase that is used here in the Peterson household so I am sure that Jacob is just trying to get me to play Ring around the Rosies.  I know that we shouldn't laugh, but it caught both Tony and I off guard and we have laughed quite a bit about the whole thing.

On another note, Jacob has learned to fold his arms and be mostly reverent during the prayer!  I nearly started crying when he folded his arms in church on Sunday.  

1 comment:

Megann said...

Don't worry he'll learn a lot of other interesting words very soon. We learned quick with Icky that there was a lot we couldn't say.