Hopefully we can stick with this plan of getting him to bed a little earlier and then letting him soothe himself. I just hope I can tell when he really needs me during the night.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Sleep update #1
So after consulting the ever informative internet and reading a little more of "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" we tried something new last night. We put Jacob to bed when he first acted tired (6:00pm). I made sure that I did not hold him until he was asleep, but put him down drowsy, but awake. He fussed for about 15 minutes and then went to sleep. We checked him before we went to bed and then did not go in his room again until he woke up this morning. Around 12:30am I heard him crying and saying 'mama', but I was strong and did not go in to pick him up. He cried about 10 minutes (maybe more, but I fell back to sleep) and then slept until 5:30 this morning. I can handle 5:30 because that's when we get up anyway. Also, because I didn't give him a bottle or drink during the night he woke up and actually wanted to eat breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I should have recommended that. I think you have to go through that with every kid when they figure out they can work you. Sorry about the whole nanny thing too. You seem to be having the worst luck with sitters.
Maybe he is just yelling in his sleep like you use to. Little do you know you are really waking him up when you go get him.
-- Mark Read
Post a Comment