Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goodbye Old Friend

This week we said goodbye to an old friend: our 1992 Honda Accord LX. Aahh, the memories. (Tears welling up slightly). This is the car that Tony bought when he got home from his mission. This is the car we drove back and forth to Iowa probably 10 times. We have eaten, slept, and practically lived in this car. She has been all over the country with us from Chicago (I think that is as far east) to the California and Oregon coasts. We have never had any real problems with her, except when the distributor had a problem starting in Laramie, WY until we got her fixed in Iowa (That is around 700 miles!). This car has been a constant through our marriage and it seems strange to have her gone. I am not trying to sound overly sentimental, but I will miss her. I am not sure why I think of her as 'she'. Anyway, we sold the car to a nice family who needed a reliable and affordable vehicle. I hope that she will be good to them. She only has 159,000 miles, gets 27 mpg, and still has a lot of life left even though she is 17 years old.
FYI...she has been replaced with another Honda. This time we got a Civic to use on the long commute from the University to our house. I like the new car...I can hook up my ipod to the radio and I don't have to worry about it falling apart while I am driving. I am not sure if the new car is a 'she' or a 'he'.

No comments: