Thursday, May 7, 2009

Paper saver

I recently found this really amazing website that helps you save paper when you are trying to print out information from a  website.  It is called Print What You Like (www.printwhatyoulike.com).  

It allows you to select only the text and/or pictures you would like to print from your favorite website and eliminate the advertisements and other junk.  As you can imagine, you can save tons of paper this way.  You don't have to download a program or do anything special.  You just go to printwhatyoulike.com and type in the website you are interested in.  Then it will navigate you to that page and a sidebar will show up in your browser.  You pick the parts of the webpage you are interested in and tada!  That's it.  It also allows you to save your new document in pdf or html format.  The website also has a short tutorial to help you get started.  I really like this program because it allows me to create pdf versions of my most recent posting on my blog without the sidebars or main photo.  I can then save them in my journal or use them in iphoto.  I know that you can make a book out of your blog with blurb, but for me this seems to be a better choice.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your find, Annita. That looks like a great program. Hope you had a great Mother's Day yesterday.