Friday, December 5, 2008

Awesome Thanksgiving Weekend!

Over Thanksgiving weekend Tony, Jacob, and I took a trip to Las Vegas to visit the Boyacks (Tony's sister, Lisa, and her family).  We had a weekend full of yummy food and lots of time for Jacob to play with his cousins.  Jacob played really well with both Brooklyn (3) and Owen (almost 5) and loved doing whatever they were doing.  However, Jacob kept stealing poor Ava's (3 months) binky!  We really had to watch the little thief because he would grab the pacifier away from Ava in the blink of an eye!  Ava was a good sport about it, but Jacob will have to watch out when she gets old enough to defend herself a little.

Yummy Thanksgiving food!


Jacob playing with the big kids.  He loved the slinky!

While we were in Las Vegas, we went out to Red Rock to try and get some pictures of our two families.  The kids were really good sports about the whole thing and Jacob was entirely entertained because he kept eating rocks.  I swear that kid probably swallowed a pound of dirt and rock material.  He didn't seem to mind the taste.

I LOVE EATING ROCKS!

If I run fast enough, they can't take any more pictures!

We also went out to the Mini Gran Prix track to celebrate Brooklyn's birthday.  We raced around in the go-carts, went down the giant slide, played some video games, and the adults drove the speed cars.  It was really a lot of fun.  

Our last night there we all went out to eat at a Japanese restaurant.  The kids were great!  Jacob had his first taste of Japanese food and loved it.  He ate everything we put in his mouth including gyoza, tempura vegetables, and udon noodles.  It was really amazing to see how open he was to eating anything. 

We had such a great trip!  Thanks to Lisa and Nate for letting us stay with them and being such great hosts.  


5 comments:

Shannon said...

This looks like a lot of fun. Jacob is so cute!

Lisa said...

Come back soon! We had so much fun with you guys.

Megann said...

So cute. He is such a mover thanks for letting us watch him. Oh, and nice of you to update, ha, ha.

Stephanie said...

Hey Annita, I found ya. It was so fun to see you on Saturday and I'm excited to be able to keep up with you via your blog. You can hop on mine if you want, email me at ernsgoddess@q.com and I can add ya.

Annita said...

It's good to see you too Steph. I will definitely email you so I can keep up.