Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Never a dull moment

Since I last posted almost a month ago, Jacob has undergone some major changes.  In less than a month he went from only rolling from his tummy to his back (not the other way) and sitting up supported to crawling like a maniac and pulling himself up on things to stand up.  He is now getting braver every day and actually letting go of our hands or other support objects and trying to walk.  His crawling is hilarious because he has two types of crawls.  The first type is a 'normal' crawl with knees and hands.  He can cruise around really fast with this crawl on carpet and in his crib.  The second type of crawl is the 'one-knee' crawl where he uses one foot, one knee, and two hands.  He uses this crawl on linoleum and hardwood floors so that he can have more leverage and not slip so much.  This crawl is so funny because he gets going so fast he almost tips over head first.  Needless to say he is keeping us super busy.  I think that he will  be walking before he is 9 months!  Crazy kid!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I can not wait to see his one knee, one fool, two hand crawl. He will be a whole new person by the time he comes back over.

Kendra said...

I'm so glad I got to see you over the summer. Sure wish it was more often. Jacob is such a cutie!

Lisa said...

My mom said he took five steps yesterday! Crazy! We need to see him again soon. I like the new look of your blog.

Shannon said...

That is amazing! He is such a cutie. I can't believe he is already trying to walk. You're in for it when he does!!